Outreach and Dissemination
In today’s funding world, applications can no longer rely upon strong technology alone, but need to also bridge the translational divide between research and results; ensuring projects reach out to all areas of society and create impact. Funding authorities place a huge emphasis now on making sure projects maximise their impact by having detailed communication and dissemination activities. A great technology with a poor communication and dissemination plan is unlikely to get funded.
In funders’ parlance, communication is raising awareness of general project objectives and achievements, whereas dissemination is sharing of specific results or outputs (e.g. major findings, data, prototypes, etc.). This is not just to potential end-users, but also to the general public, including universities and schools.
In today’s connected society, projects are expected to use a variety of digital and social media tools to ensure people are aware of your technology, whilst potentially creating the interest necessary from stakeholders to help ensure your technology is successful once it gets beyond the research stage.
However, we understand the value of your IP and how premature disclosure can be very costly. You can work with us with confidence to ensure your dissemination and communication activities are thought through and delivered very carefully to maximise impact for both your organisation and for society.
HOW GRANTPLUS CAN HELP IN BRIDGING THE TRANSLATIONAL DIVIDE BETWEEN RESEARCH AND RESULTS
- WRG Europe-GrantPlus can be an active member of your project or work on a consulting basis to support your communication and dissemination needs. We are currently involved in two major EU projects (ToSynFuel and (flexJet) where our primary role is to create awareness and support for the aims of these projects and to maximise overall outreach and impact. This includes attending key events and conferences to present results, engaging with stakeholders, end-users and policy makers, and creating or filming publicity events. We have access to a wide range of industry-standard digital media tools such as After Effects and Illustrator to create impactful static and motion graphics. We also have access to an experienced film crew, including 4k drone filming, to create high-impact promotional videos or documentaries.
- You can engage our services on a contractual basis to develop digital media such as logos, diagrams, and static/motion graphics to support your project’s website and social media pages.
- See some of our outreach and dissemination work in Our Projects.
Project Management Services
Our team of specialists has experience throughout the whole life-cycle of a research project, having acted as coordinator for some large-scale projects. Therefore, you can confidently rely on us to support you with the co-ordination and management of your project after funding has been awarded. This can be either in an advisory capacity or as your physical project manager or coordinator.
Being the coordinator of your project (be that EU or UK funded) requires a significant commitment from you and to your partners to execute and deliver your project successfully. This involves a range of contractual, financial, dissemination, reporting, and managerial tasks than can seem quite daunting.
Poor management can lead to failure of projects, issues between partners, or significant deviation from the original project objectives. All of these can create significant issues with the funding authority. It is not something to be taken lightly.
Our team has experience of successfully deliverying multi-million Euro research projects. We can guide you through the necessary steps that must be taken to ensure a successful and high impact research project, whilst avoiding common pitfalls. We can advise you of the administration rules pertinent to your funder and the best practice methods for ensuring that your project runs as smoothly as possible. As mentioned, if you would like more than just advice, we'd be happy to talk to you about being the official project manager or coordinator, although please note some funding schemes do not always allow third party management.
Website Design and Graphics Services
As part of your dissemination and outreach programme, we are able to build your project website using modern, responsive designs that work across all platforms. We can then manage this site throughout the life of your project, adding updates and new media as your project progresses.
We also offer a wide range of graphics-related services, including slick motion graphics. High quality graphics can make a huge difference to your funding application or give your communications and outreach programme the cutting edge it needs to get noticed.
We have access to Blender and the full Adobe Creative Cloud suite of applications, including DreamWeaver, Illustrator, After Effects, Photoshop, and Premier Pro. We can also access a wide range of 4K and HD images and videos from Adobe Stock.
We are able to generate:
- Modern, responsive websites (like this one!)
- Slick-looking flow charts and diagrams
- Newsletters and info-graphics for your website and brochures
- Impactful cinema-quality motion graphics and informational videos for your website and social media channels.
We also have access to an experienced film crew, including 4k drone filming, to create eye-catching promotional videos or documentaries, including voiceovers. See one of our EU project films here as an example.